Social Media and your small business… how much thought have you given it? If the answer is not much, it’s time for a crash course on how using social media can improve everything from customer relations, to inventory purchasing, to branding. But first, the basics:
SEO gets thrown around a lot when people start talking about social media and marketing. SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization, and when people refer to improving your SEO, what they mean is the steps a business takes online for their business website to be found. Pretty simple concept. Just remember, however, that the days of old in terms of how SEO works changed this year. You can read more on that here.
Social Media SEO
Social media SEO builds on the basic SEO concept by adding to it the idea that social media links and online interactions play a role in website ranking — the idea referring to where your website shows up after a search. This stems from the term you’ve likely heard called optimizing content, wherein a stronger social media SEO strengthens your page ranking.
So with the definitions out of the way, here are 5 easy ways you can use social media to benefit your small business.
1. Create a Google+ page. You may have heard negative things, but having a Google+ page for your small business is like adding a cherry to the top of your online presence.
2. Use Pinterest. It’s really that simple. Set up a Pinterest page, it’s great for link-building and creating and improving your keyword strategy (optimization).
3. Think about how your Facebook page appears to mobile users. Because smartphones run social media. In fact, 91% of all local searches say they use Facebook to find local business. Don’t have a Facebook page? Now’s the time to start one.
4. Optimize all of your online social media content. Do this by always including some form keywords in your posts (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) relevant to people finding your business online.
5. Your social media profiles should carry strong optimizers that are SEO-friendly and increase your web-presence. Do this by always filling out the “About Me” sections with words that describe your business, and also serve as search engine terms.
What are you waiting for? Get started today!