Did you know that each year approximately 400 million people nationwide utilize the talents of a limo/car service dispatcher? Obviously, limo/car service dispatchers’ salaries will vary depending on the firm, its location and the applicant’s experience. However, the industry’s average starting salary tends to exceed $20,000. With numbers like that, it’s easy to see that the industry is one to consider getting into.
At this point, you might be wondering which skills are needed to be a limo/car service dispatcher. Well, we can answer that for you. Here’s a quick list of some essential skills that will undoubtedly help you excel at being a limo/car service dispatcher:
- In-depth knowledge of dispatching area (i.e. airports, hotels and train stations)
- Ability to communicate effectively, multitask and work under pressure
- Ability to read online and paper maps (i.e. calculate mileage/time)
- Familiarity with the transportation and hospitality industries
- Pleasant, clear phone voice and mastery of phone etiquette
- Knowledge of dispatching software or computers in general
- Agreeable to working flexible hours and be on call when need be
- Knack for working independently and with little supervision
- Top-quality problem solving and customer service skills
If you have those skills, one of the best places to look for a job is an online site like Just Dispatchers. It allows you to cut through all of the clutter and go straight to the limo/car service dispatchers’ job listings. Once there, you’ll be able to register for free, create a standout resume and search for work in the dispatching field. In addition, you’ll also be able to electronically network with some of the limo/car service industry’s top employers. Think about it. Being able to network like that will give you an excellent opportunity to show off your impeccable communication and computer skills.